Measures to Enter Thailand for Non-Thai Nationals during COVID-19 situation until further notice
Please be aware that Thailand has been in the National State of Emergency to fight against COVID-19, those who enter Thailand must strictly comply with the national disease prevention measures.
Procedure to obtain a COE without applying for a Thai Visa (Passports from countries/territories in 30-day Visa Exemption or short-term Visa On Arrival (https://bit.ly/3a3Cgpd), or already hold Thai Re-Entry Stamp/Thai Visa):
1. Register for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at coethailand.mfa.go.th at least 7 working days before date of travel. (for Visa Exemption/Visa On Arrival, click “11(Exempt) – Visa Exemption”)
2. First stage : applicants upload copy of $100,000USD Covid-19 Medical Insurance, copy of Passport, copy of Covid-19 vaccination certificate (if any), copy of Thai Re-Entry Stamp/Thai Visa (if any), and any other required documents according to the below category.
3. Health authorities in Thailand will review the Vaccine Certificates first, then the Embassy will review and approve completed applications.
4. Second stage : approved applicants will then upload the Flight Reservation + Quarantine Hotel (AQ) Confirmation Letter + Fully-paid Quarantine Hotel (AQ) Receipt.
5. The Embassy will review and approve the COE for completed applications.
Procedure to obtain a COE while needing to apply for a Thai Visa :
1. Check required documents according to categories specified below and register for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at coethailand.mfa.go.th at least 14 days before date of travel.
2. First stage : applicants upload the copy of $100,000USD Covid-19 Medical Insurance, copy of Passport, copy of Covid-19 vaccination certificate (if any), and all other documents required for Thai Visa and COE.
3. Health authorities in Thailand will review the Vaccine Certificates first, then the Embassy will review and approve completed applications, and individually email applicants to submit visa application at the Embassy.
4. Second stage : approved applicants (or representative) will then come to submit visa application at the Royal Thai Embassy in Jakarta, and then upload the Flight Reservation + Quarantine Hotel (AQ) Confirmation Letter + Fully-paid Quarantine Hotel Receipt into the same https://coethailand.mfa.go.th application.
5. The Embassy will issue the Thai Visa along with the COE.
Procedure for fully-vaccinated applicants to obtain a COE to enter the “Phuket Sandbox” programme : http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/sandbox
1. Required Documents :
1.1 Copy of Paid Confirmation Letter from Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel in Bangkok/Chonburi/Prachin Buri/Phuket/Phang Nga for a period of 7 or 10 days from date of arrival at one’s own expense, booked at www.agoda.com/quarantineth or https://asq.locanation.com or https://asq.ascendtravel.com or entrythailand.go.th (List of AQ at https://bit.ly/3556nel or www.hsscovid.com)
1.2 Copy of flight booking to Thailand arriving on the same date as AQ hotel reservation.
1.3 Copy of Health Insurance policy in English covering healthcare and treatment expenses for COVID-19 per applicant for the whole duration in Thailand, with coverage clearly identified as no less than $100,000 USD
1.4 Completed Visa Application Form (if needed). Additional Requirements for Non-Indonesian Applicants (http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/consular-services/additional-requirements-for-non-indonesian-applicants/). Applicants or representative can bring visa application documents to the Royal Thai Embassy in Jakarta (visa application is not available at the Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in Denpasar/Surabaya/Medan).
1.5 Copy of the applicant’s passport. (valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival in Thailand)
2. Additional Required Documents for each category:
|2.1 For Non-Thai nationals entering Thailand for tourism purposes
– Confirmed flight tickets to and out of Thailand
(Non-Thai nationals holding ordinary passports from countries/territories listed in Visa Exemption/Visa On Arrival Scheme (https://bit.ly/3a3Cgpd) DO NOT REQUIRE A THAI VISA for short-term stay as tourist (the stay can be extended further with Thai Immigration). Otherwise, a Tourist visa single entry (TR) will be required.
2.2 For Non-Thai nationals who have certificate of residence or have been permitted to take up residency in Thailand, including their spouses or children (must already hold a valid re-entry permit)
2.3 For Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals (Non-O visa)
2.4 For Non-Thai nationals who have work permits or have been granted permission for full-time work in Thailand (Non-IB, Non-B visa) or volunteers (Non-O visa), including spouses or children of full-time workers (Non-O visa)
2.5 For Non-Thai nationals entering Thailand to conduct business meeting, or have invested at least THB 3,000,000 (Non-B visa single entry)
2.6 For Non-Thai nationals who are full-time students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities or on exchange/internship (Non-ED visa), including parents or guardians of full-time students (Non-O visa)
2.7 For Non-Thai nationals at least 50 years of age entering Thailand as retirees (Non-O visa single entry)
2.8 For Non-Thai nationals who apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A visa” or “O-X visa” (long stay)
2.9 Special Tourist Visa for Indonesians or foreign citizens with permanent residence in Indonesia (STV visa single entry valid for 90 days, extendable twice in Thailand)
2.10 For Non-Thai nationals in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19, including their accompanying persons (not exceeding 3 immediate family members as accompanying people) (Non-O visa)
-Thai Elite Visa applicants can directly contact www.ThailandElite.com requesting authorization for Visa and COE.
|3. After submitting the online application, the Embassy will contact successful applicants to apply for a visa (if not yet already hold a valid visa).
(The Certificate of Entry will state the Name/Passport Number/Flight date/Flight Number/Quarantine Hotel (AQ)/Covid-19 Vaccination information (if any) )
4. Once applicants receive a Certificate of Entry, applicants will be required to obtain a medical certificate with laboratory result, in English language, indicating that COVID-19 is not detected using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure. (Applicants who have positive RT-PCR result will not be allowed to travel)
5. Hard Copy of documents to present at airline’s check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand : (1) Certificate of Entry (2) “Medical certificate with laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure ” (3) $100,000USD Covid Health Insurance and (4) AQ Confirmation Letter (5) Covid-19 vaccine certificate
6. Upon entry into the Kingdom of Thailand : non-Thai nationals will be subjected to a 7 or 10 day state quarantine at a government-designated AQ facility at their own expenses, and obliged to comply with the government’s disease prevention measures.
Email inquiries regarding COE : email@example.com
Travelers entering the Kingdom of Thailand will need to obtain a visa according to the purpose of their visit. However, nationals of some countries and territories are entitled to visa exemption or obtain visa on arrival.
Visa Application and Collection hours:
For visa application: Monday to Friday (except Embassy’s holidays): 09.00 – 11.30 hrs.
For visa collection: Monday to Friday (except Embassy’s holidays): 14.00 – 15.00 hrs.
- Visa application process takes at least 3 working days. The Consular Section does not provide same-day visa service.
- Applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 10 – 15 working days in advance of their anticipated travel but no more than 2 months before the expected date of arrival in Thailand.
- The visa fee is non-refundable and must be paid in cash in Indonesian Rupiah only. (see below)
- Completed application form.
- Passport with at least two blank pages left, valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival in Thailand.
- Two clear and recent photographs. (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Other supporting documents. (depending on the type of visas being applied)
- Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted.
- Documents in languages other than Thai or English must be translated to either Thai or English.
- Supporting documents will be kept, please photocopy important documents before submission.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to decline any visa application whereby any required document is absent.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicants with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.
Visa Application Fees:
|Type of Visa||Fee|
(Special Tourist Visa, single-entry – STV)
|Transit Visa||Single-Entry||IDR 490,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “B”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “ED”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “M”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “F”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-A”||Multiple-Entry||IDR 2,800,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X”||Multiple-Entry||IDR 5,600,000|
|SMART Visa (1 year)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 5,600,000|
|SMART Visa (2 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 11,200,000|
|SMART Visa (3 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 16,800,000|
|SMART Visa (4 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 22,400,000|