Measures to Enter Thailand for Non-Thai Nationals during COVID-19 situation until further notice
Applicants in the following categories are allowed to enter Thailand, and must apply for a Certificate of Entry and Visa (if not already obtained a valid visa) by submitting related documents by post to the Embassy at least 14 working days before the date of the intended departure.
Please be aware that Thailand has been in the National State of Emergency to fight against COVID-19, those who enter Thailand must strictly comply with the national disease prevention measures.
1. Required Documents :
|1. Copy of reservation document for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility in Bangkok for a period of 14 days from date of arrival at one’s own expense, booked directly with the listed hotels.
Further information at www.hsscovid.com
(for Student Category, at ASQ or Organizational Quarantine)
(for Medical Treatment Category, at Hospital Quarantine)
2. Copy of flight booking to Thailand on the same date as ASQ reservation.
3. Copy of health insurance policy in English worth at least 100,000 USD covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including keyword “COVID-19″ per an applicant for the whole duration in Thailand.
4. Copy of completed Declaration Form.
5. Completed Visa Application Form (if not already obtained a valid visa) and related documents. (http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/visa-form.pdf)
6. Copy of the applicant’s passport. (valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival in Thailand)
2. Additional Required Documents for each category:
|2.1 For Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals (Non-O visa)
– Copy of marriage certificate (for spouse), birth certificate (for child), or birth certificate of Thai national (for parents)
– Copy of the Thai national’s passport2.2 For Non-Thai nationals who have certificate of residence or have been permitted to take up residency in Thailand, including their spouses or children (already hold valid visa)
– Copy of certificate of residence in Thailand
– Copy of valid re-entry permit
2.3 For Non-Thai nationals who have work permits or have been granted permission to work in Thailand (Non-IB, Non-B), including their spouses or children (Non-O visa)
2.4 For Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities (Non-ED), including their parents or guardians (Non-O visa)
2.5 For Non-Thai nationals in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19, including their accompanying persons (not exceeding 3 immediate family members as accompanying people) (Non-O visa)
2.6 For Non-Thai nationals who apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O-X” (long stay)
2.7 For Non-Thai nationals entering Thailand to conduct business meeting, or have invested at least THB 3,000,000 (Non-B visa)
– Travelers from Indonesia are not yet eligible to apply for a Tourist Visa (TR) or Special Tourist Visa (STV), latest information will be further announced.
– Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Transit (TS), Sports (S), Religious travelers (R/R-A), and Volunteer (O).
– Thai Elite Visa applicants can directly contact www.ThailandElite.com regarding the issuing of Visa and COE.
|3. After applicants’ submission of documents, the Embassy will contact applicants with complete documents and valid visa to obtain a “Certificate of Entry”. The Embassy will contact applicants with complete documents but without a valid visa, to apply for an appropriate visa at the Embassy by appointment, before obtaining a “Certificate of Entry”.
(The Certificate of Entry will state the Name/Nationality/Passport Number/Flight date/Flight Number/ASQ Hotel)
4. Once applicants receive a Certificate of Entry, applicants will be required to obtain (1) a medical certificate with laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before the date of travel [in English language] and (2) a Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before the date of travel [in English language]. (Applicants who have positive RT-PCR result will not be allowed to travel)
5. Documents to present at airline’s check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand : the approved applicants are required to present (1) Certificate of Entry (2) “Medical certificate with laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before the date of travel” (3) “Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before the date of travel” (4) Health Insurance Policy (5) Filled-in Declaration Form and (6) Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) reservation document
|6. Upon entry into the Kingdom of Thailand : non-Thai nationals will be subjected to a 14-day state quarantine at a government-designated Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility at their own expenses, and obliged to comply with the government’s disease prevention measures.
Travelers entering the Kingdom of Thailand will need to obtain a visa according to the purpose of their visit. However, nationals of some countries and territories are entitled to visa exemption or obtain visa on arrival.
Visa Application and Collection hours:
For visa application: Monday to Friday (except Embassy’s holidays): 09.00 – 12.00 hrs.
For visa collection: Monday to Friday (except Embassy’s holidays): 13.30 – 15.00 hrs.
- Visa application process takes at least 3 working days. The Consular Section does not provide same-day visa service.
- Applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 10 – 15 working days in advance of their anticipated travel but no more than 3 months before the expected date of arrival in Thailand.
- The visa fee is non-refundable and must be paid in cash in Indonesian Rupiah only. (see below)
- Completed application form.
- Passport with at least two blank pages left, valid for at least six months from the expected date of arrival in Thailand.
- Two clear and recent photographs. (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Other supporting documents. (depending on the type of visas being applied)
- Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted.
- Documents in languages other than Thai or English must be translated to either Thai or English.
- Supporting documents will be kept, please photocopy important documents before submission.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to decline any visa application whereby any required document is absent.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicants with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.
Visa Application Fees:
|Type of Visa||Fee|
|Tourist Visa||Single-Entry||IDR 560,000|
|Transit Visa||Single-Entry||IDR 490,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “B”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “ED”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “M”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “F”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O”||Single-Entry||IDR 1,120,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-A”||Multiple-Entry||IDR 2,800,000|
|Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X”||Multiple-Entry||IDR 5,600,000|
|SMART Visa (1 year)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 5,600,000|
|SMART Visa (2 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 11,200,000|
|SMART Visa (3 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 16,800,000|
|SMART Visa (4 years)||Multiple-Entry||IDR 22,400,000|