Tourist Visa (TR) may be granted to visitors who intend to stay in Thailand no longer than 60 days for tourism purpose
Types of Tourist Visa and Validity:
- Single-Entry Tourist Visa:
valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of issue. The period of stay is 60 days maximum.
- Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa:
valid for entering Thailand within 6 months from the date of issue. The period of stay is 60 days maximum per stay per entry. The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Indonesian nationals or applicants with KITAS or KITAP.
|Tourist Visa||Single Entry||Multiple Entry
|Visa Validity||3 months||6 months|
|Duration of Stay per Entry||60 days||60 days|
|Number of Entries||One time||Multiple times|
- Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed and signed Visa Application form and 2 recent photographs (size 3.5×4.5 cm). Non-Indonesian applicants may be required to submit more than one set of application forms. (See: Additional Requirements for Non-Indonesian Applicants)
- Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
- Booked travel tickets in and out of Thailand
- Evidence of adequate finance:
- Single-Entry Tourist Visa: Bank Statement showing at least THB 20,000 per person or THB 40,000 per family or equivalent in other currencies.
- Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: Bank Statement showing at least IDR 80,000,000 (USD 7,000) for the past 6 months, and Letter of Employment
- Evidence of confirmed accommodation in Thailand:
- Booked Hotel, or Letter of invitation from Accommodation and Accomodation Owner’s Thai ID Card, covering duration of stay within Thailand
- Copy of Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP), if any. (Compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
- Application fee (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah – Non-refundable):
- Single-Entry Tourist Visa: IDR 560,000*
- Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: IDR 2,800,000
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.
Special Tourist Visa (STV) – for Indonesians, or foreign citizens with permanent residence in Indonesia. (STV visa single entry valid for 90 days, extendable twice in Thailand)
– Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed and signed Visa Application form and 2 recent photographs (size 3.5×4.5 cm). Non-Indonesian applicants may be required to submit more than one set of application forms. (See: Additional Requirements for Non-Indonesian Applicants)
– Passport validity not less than 12 months
– Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP) in Indonesia
– Police Record verifying that the applicant has no criminal record in Indonesia (issued no more than 3 months prior)
– Medical Certificate issued by local competent authority certifying that the applicant has no prohibited diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate must be issued no more than 3 months prior) (http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/medical-certificate.pdf)
– Health insurance policy covering the entire intended period of stay in Thailand with Outpatient benefit coverage insured not less than THB 40,000 and Inpatient benefit coverage insured not less than THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies. (Further information at http://longstay.tgia.org)
– Evidence of accommodation for the whole duration of stay in Thailand after quarantine period:
– Proof of fully-paid hotel or accommodation (issued by legitimate entrepreneur with tax identification number), or
– Proof of condominium ownership in Thailand, or
– Proof of condominium lease contract with a copy of owner’s ID card, signed by the owner and proof of payment, or
– Proof of purchase/hire purchase of condominium in Thailand which shows that not less than 25% of the full amount has been paid.
– Applicant’s spouse and children (under 20 years old) are eligible to travel together and must show a copy of marriage certificate/birth certificate