Non-Immigrant Visa Type “ED” may be granted to applicants who wish to pursue their full-time education, internship or any other educational programme in Thailand. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. Visa holders may contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, after entering Thailand, for the extension of stay and re-entry permit.
- Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed and signed Visa Application form and 2 recent photograph(s) (size 3.5×4.5 cm). Non-Indonesian applicants may be required to submit more than one set of application form. (See: Additional Requirements for Non-Indonesian Applicants)
- Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
- Original acceptance letter from the school, training institution or company in Thailand. The letter must be typed in the school/company’s letter head signed by authorized person and a copy of School license or business registration (Copies of documents must be signed by authorized person and an affixed seal)
Important Notes: For informal courses e.g. Thai language and cultural training courses, applicants must provide documents which demonstrate that the course meets the minimum requirement as follows:
- If the course is less than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 4 days per week, 2 hours per day.
- If the course is longer than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 5 days per week, 5 hours per day.
- Additional document in case of internship/exchange in Thailand: Letter of certification from the University in which the applicant is currently enrolled, providing information on the student status, purpose and period of the internship in Thailand
- Additional document for applicants who will study at secondary education institution or below: Letter of Approval from the Office of the Basic Education Commission or its district offices e.g. the Primary/Secondary Educational Service Area Office or the Bureau of Educational Development for Special Administration Zone in the South
- Police Record issued by the Police in Indonesia or the country of residence (the Police Record must be in English and issued within one month):for applicants enrolled in university
or higher education institution and informal courses
- Application fee (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah – Non-refundable): IDR 1,120,000
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.
Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” for accompanying family members:
- Full-time student under 20 years old: The student’s parents must show proofs of family relationship and a letter of certification from the educational institution in Thailand.
- Full-time student above 20 years old: The student’s spouse and children must show proofs of family relationship and a letter of certification from the educational institution in Thailand. Civil partnership certificate is not accepted.
- Not applicable for students who take informal courses e.g. Thai language or cultural training courses.
- Dependents are prohibited to work in Thailand.