Non-Immigrant Visa Type “ED” may be granted to applicants who wish to pursue their full-time education, internship or any other educational programme in Thailand. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. Visa holders may contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, after entering Thailand, for the extension of stay and re-entry permit.
- Original acceptance letter from the school, training institution or company in Thailand. The letter must be typed in the school/company’s letter head signed by authorized person and a copy of School license or business registration (Copies of documents must be signed by authorized person and an affixed seal)
Important Notes: For informal courses e.g. Thai language and cultural training courses, applicants must provide documents which demonstrate that the course meets the minimum requirement as follows:
- If the course is less than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 4 days per week, 2 hours per day.
- If the course is longer than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 5 days per week, 5 hours per day.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.
Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” for accompanying family members:
- Full-time student under 20 years old: The student’s parents must show proofs of family relationship and a letter of certification from the educational institution in Thailand.
- Full-time student above 20 years old: The student’s spouse and children must show proofs of family relationship and a letter of certification from the educational institution in Thailand. Civil partnership certificate is not accepted.
- Not applicable for students who take informal courses e.g. Thai language or cultural training courses.
- Dependents are prohibited to work in Thailand.