Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” (Long Stay) may be granted to applicants aged 50 and above who wish to stay in Thailand up to 10 years after their retirement. Applicants for this type of visa must be nationals of the following countries: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America.
The applicants who wish to apply for the visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Jakarta must have permanent residence in Indonesia with the valid Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP).
The visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue (extendable for another 5 years at the Immigration Bureau).
Qualifications of the Applicants:
- 50 years of age and above (on the date of submitting the application)
- Nationals of the following countries; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America. (The passport must be issued by the respective Government)
- Having permanent residence in Indonesia (with valid KITAS or KITAP)
- Having a bank account in Thailand with the minimum balance of 3,000,000 Thai Baht or 1,800,000 Thai Baht with the annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht.
*** The money must remain in the account for at least 1 year after entering Thailand. After the period of 1 year, the minimum of 1,500,000 Thai Baht is required to remain in the account.
- Having the Thai health insurance (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)
- Two sets of completed and signed visa application forms and photographs
- Passport with the remaining validity of at least 6 months
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Certificate of Deposit issued by a bank in Thailand (one original and one copy)
- Bank Statement letter issued by a bank in Thailand showing no less than THB 3,000,000 Thai Baht or 1,800,000 Thai Baht with the proof of annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht. or equivalent in US Dollars (one original and one copy)
- Bankbook (2 copies)
- Police Record issued by the Police in the country of origin (one original and one copy)
- Police Record issued by the Indonesian National Police (one original and one copy)
- Medical Certificate (one original and one copy) issued by local competent authority certifying that the applicant has no prohibited diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate must be issued no more than 3 months before the visa application)
- Two Copies of Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP)
- Two copies of Thai Health Insurance (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)
- Application fee (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah – Non-refundable): IDR 5,600,000
Dependents of Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” Applicant
Dependents of the applicants are entitled to apply for the same type of visa as long as they meet the following requirements;
- Valid Marriage Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities
- Required documents as listed above
- Valid Birth Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities
- Must be under 20 years old
- Required documents as listed above (No.1-3 and 11-12 only)
Note: Successful applicants and dependents are not allowed to work in Thailand.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.