- What is Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa?
Thailand has introduced a new visa called “Long-Term Resident (LTR Visa)” which is a program that provides a range of tax and non-tax benefits to enhance the country’s attractiveness as a regional hub for living and doing business for ‘high-potential’ foreigners.
There will be many privileges for LTR visa holders that will make living in Thailand long term easier and less bureaucratic. These privileges include: discounted personal income tax rate, the removal of the requirement for employers to hire four Thai citizens per foreigner, fast track at international airports, 1 year reporting to Immigration instead of 90 days, and the overall ease of regulations concerning foreign residents. The LTR Visa program makes the process of hiring foreigners easier and the foreign experts hired will strengthen the private business sector of Thailand.
- 10-year renewable visa
- Exemption from 4 Thais to 1 foreigner employment requirement ratio
- Fast-track services at international airports in Thailand
- 90-day report extended to 1-year report and exemption of re-entry permit
- Permission to work in Thailand (Digital Work permit)
- 17% personal tax rate for highly skilled professionals
- Tax exemption for overseas income
- Immigration and work permit facilitation services
- Eligible Applicants for Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa
- Wealthy Global Citizen: Wealthy individuals holding at least 1 million USD in assets and investment in Thailand
- Wealthy Pensioners: Retirees aged 50 years and older who have an annual pension or stable income
- Work-From Thailand Professionals: Remote workers working for well-established companies overseas
- Highly Skilled Professionals: Professionals or experts in targeted industries working for business entities or higher education institutes or research centers or specialized training institutions in Thailand or Thai government agencies
- Dependants: Spouse and children under 20 years old of LTR visa holders (Maximum 4 dependants in total per one LTR visa holders)
- Application Procedures
- From 1 September 2022, applicants for the “Long-Term Resident (LTR) visa” will have to submit their application and documents online with the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) at https://ltr.boi.go.th/. BOI will consider all required documents and make approvals.
- Once approved by BOI, applicants residing in Indonesia shall apply for the LTR visa at the Royal Thai Embassy, Jakarta.
- Required Documents
- Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s):
- Completed and signed Visa Application form and 2 recent photograph(s) (size 3.5×4.5 cm). 3.3 Non-Indonesian applicants may be required to submit more than one set of application form. (See: Additional Requirements for Non-Indonesian Applicants)
- Approval Letter from BOI
- Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
- Application fee
28,000,000 IDR (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah – Non-refundable)
* Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
* The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.