Non-Immigrant Visa Type “M” or Media Visa may be granted to media personnel, journalists and film crew who are going to work in Thailand. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
- For media personnel:
- Letter of reference from the headquarters of the applicant’s agency
- Profile of the agency
- Registration of the news agency in Thailand
- Evidence of the news agency’s registration with the Thai government or an overseas government
- Profile of the applicant
- Police Record issued by the country of which the applicant is a national or by his/ her country of residence
- Evidence of approval from the Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, which can be retrieved from https://mmos.mfa.go.th/
- For film crew:
- Permit letter issued by the Department of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism and Sports of Thailand
- Letter of reference from the coordinating agency in Thailand
- Copy of the Thai coordinator’s ID card or passport
- Application fee (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah – Non-refundable): IDR 1,120,000
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.